Announcements and Important Events
The Columbus East wrestling team placed 5th out of 108 teams in the IHSAA State Wresting Championship meet this past weekend.
Columbus East sent five wrestlers: Kade Law, Cayden Rooks, Jake Schoenegge, Nick South, and Jacob Bolte.
Kade Law unfortunately lost his first math on Friday and did not advance to Saturday;s quarter-final round.
Cayden Rooks won his second state championship. This year he wrestled at the 138 weight class winning his championship match 9-2.
Jake Schoenegge lost his quarter-final match in sudden over-time, but wrestled back on won his final two matches to place 5th in the state @ 152 weight class.
Nick South won his second state championship. This year he wrestled at the 170 weight class winning his championship match 11-0.
Jacob Bolte lost his semi-final match in sudden over-time 5-3 to the eventual state champion in the 220 weight class. Jacob was able to wrestle back and win hist last match with a pin to capture 3rd place in the 220 weight class.
2019 IHSAA State Finals Results for Columbus East
Cayden Rooks (43-1) placed 1st and scored 21.0 team points.
- Champ. Round 1 - Cayden Rooks (Columbus East) 43-1 won by tech fall over Macaiah White (Eastern (Greentown)) 32-9 (TF-1.5 3:32 (17-2))
- Quarterfinal - Cayden Rooks (Columbus East) 43-1 won by major decision over Kyle Holman (Carmel) 28-12 (MD 12-2)
- Semifinal - Cayden Rooks (Columbus East) 43-1 won by decision over Connor Gimson (Jimtown) 45-2 (Dec 3-1)
- 1st Place Match - Cayden Rooks (Columbus East) 43-1 won by decision over Braxton Alexander (Wawasee) 38-2 (Dec 9-2)
Kade Law (28-13) place is unknown and scored 0.0 team points.
- Champ. Round 1 - Logan Macklin (Adams Central) 32-4 won by decision over Kade Law (Columbus East) 28-13 (Dec 8-3)
Jake Schoenegge (34-6) placed 5th and scored 8.0 team points.
- Champ. Round 1 - Jake Schoenegge (Columbus East) 34-6 won by major decision over Samuel Fair (Perry Meridian) 25-7 (MD 10-2)
- Quarterfinal - Brock Ellis (Chesterton) 39-4 won in sudden victory - 1 over Jake Schoenegge (Columbus East) 34-6 (SV-1 6-4)
- Cons. Round 1 - Jake Schoenegge (Columbus East) 34-6 won by decision over Ethan Hicks (Carroll (FW)) 44-3 (Dec 8-3)
- 5th Place Match - Jake Schoenegge (Columbus East) 34-6 won by fall over Isiah Levitz (Prairie Heights) 39-6 (Fall 1:12)
Nick South (44-0) placed 1st and scored 21.0 team points.
- Champ. Round 1 - Nick South (Columbus East) 44-0 won by decision over Josh Lowe (North Montgomery) 37-4 (Dec 6-3)
- Quarterfinal - Nick South (Columbus East) 44-0 won by decision over Joseph Walker (Mishawaka) 32-5 (Dec 1-0)
- Semifinal - Nick South (Columbus East) 44-0 won by decision over Elijah Mahan (Roncalli) 40-2 (Dec 10-6)
- 1st Place Match - Nick South (Columbus East) 44-0 won by major decision over Clayton Fielden (Garrett) 40-4 (MD 11-0)
Jacob Bolte (43-2) placed 3rd and scored 11.0 team points.
- Champ. Round 1 - Jacob Bolte (Columbus East) 43-2 won by major decision over Christian Graft (Huntington North) 28-13 (MD 9-1)
- Quarterfinal - Jacob Bolte (Columbus East) 43-2 won in the ultimate tie breaker over Drew Webster (North Montgomery) 42-2 (UTB 2-1)
- Semifinal - Arthur Fowler (Calumet) 43-2 won in sudden victory - 1 over Jacob Bolte (Columbus East) 43-2 (SV-1 5-3)
- 3rd Place Match - Jacob Bolte (Columbus East) 43-2 won by decision over Andrew Irick (Hamilton Southeastern) 35-4 (Dec 5-4)
|3||Evansville Mater Dei||65.0|
|23||North Central (Indpls.)||13.0|
|38||Mt. Vernon (Fortville)||6.0|
|62||Cambridge City Lincoln||0.0|
|62||Lafayette Central Catholic||0.0|
|62||Terre Haute South Vigo||0.0|